1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Q ENERGY Solutions SE
Contact details of our Data Protection Officer
Q ENERGY Solutions SE
Data Protection Officer
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of its use
2.1 When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.qenergy.eu, information is automatically sent to our website server by the browser used on your end device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automatic deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- name and URL of the file accessed,
- website from which the access was made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection set-up of the website,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
- evaluating system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
2.2 When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the possibility of contacting us via a form provided on the website. In doing so, it is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address so that we know who the enquiry is from and so that we can answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is based on your voluntarily given consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after completion of your request.
3. Passing on of data
As a matter of principle, your personal data will not be passed on to third parties.
3.1 Transfer to third countries
A transfer of personal data to third countries only takes place if the requirements of Art. 44 ff. DSGVO are given.
A third country is a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in which the GDPR is not directly applicable. A third country is deemed to be insecure if the EU Commission has not issued an adequacy decision for this country pursuant to Art. 45 (1) GDPR confirming that adequate protection for personal data exists in the country.
With the ECJ ruling of 16 July 2020 (C-311/18), the (partial) adequacy decision for the USA, the so-called Privacy Shield, was declared null and void. The USA is thus a so-called unsafe third country. This means that the USA does not offer a level of data protection comparable to that in the EU. Therefore, the following risks exist when transferring personal data to the USA: There is a risk that US authorities can gain access to personal data on the basis of the surveillance programmes PRISM and UPSTREAM based on Section 702 of the FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act), as well as on the basis of Executive Order 12333 or the Presidential Police Directive 28. EU citizens do not have effective legal protection against these accesses in the US or the EU.
In this privacy notice, we inform you when and how we transfer personal data to the US or other unsecure third countries. We only transfer your personal data if
- the recipient provides sufficient guarantees in accordance with Art. 46 DSGVO for the protection of the personal data,
- you have expressly consented to the transfer, after which we have informed you of the risks, in accordance with Art. 49 Para. 1 lit. a) DSGVO,
- the transfer is necessary for the fulfilment of contractual obligations between you and us
- or another exception from Art. 49 DSGVO applies.
Guarantees according to Art. 46 of the GDPR can be so-called standard contractual clauses. In these standard contractual clauses, the recipient assures to sufficiently protect the data and thus to guarantee a level of protection comparable to the GDPR.
3.2 For other purposes
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO,
- the disclosure is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in the non-disclosure of your data, as well as
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO.
All other cookies that are not necessary to maintain the functions of the website are only used by us with your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO. You can give this consent via our cookie settings or revoke it at any time with effect for the future. In doing so, you have the option of either agreeing to the use of all cookie categories or making an individual selection. The cookies will be deleted if you revoke your consent to the setting of cookies.
You can adjust your settings via the cookie settings.
5 Analysis tools
5.1 Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a needs-oriented design and the continuous optimisation of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offer for you.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
Your consent, once given, can be revoked and managed at any time with effect for the future via the "Cookie settings" under Cookies (see point 4) of the data protection declaration.
5.1.1 Google Tag Manager
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimisation of our pages, we use the Google Tag Manager, a web analysis service of GOOGLE INC (https://about.google/intl/de/). (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google"). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see under point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and the design of these Internet pages in line with requirements. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymised so that an allocation is not possible (IP masking).
The user data collected via cookies are automatically deleted after 14 months.
The processed data may be transferred to servers in the USA and other unsafe third countries and processed there (see section 3.2). Google relies on standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission for the transfer as a guarantee of a level of data protection comparable to the EU. We only transfer data to Google on the basis of your consent.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found, for example, in the GOOGLE Tag Manager HELP.
6. Data subject rights
You have the right
- To request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to demand the immediate correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Article 17 of the Regulation, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller;
- revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future; and
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our company headquarters for this purpose.
8. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
9. Data security
We use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
10. Topicality and amendment of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status February 2022.
Due to the further development of our website and offers on it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can access and print out the current data protection statement at any time on the website at https://qenergy.eu/solutions/en/privacy-policy/.